Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Be Anxious...

for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. - Philippians 4:6


I've been cooped inside too long, I'm afraid, and had too much time on my hands to think... bad, negative, fretful thoughts. About how I don't want to be here, I'd rather be there (#7), or anywhere else that involves missions.  How I don't want to raise my kids in the States to grow up to be self-absorbed people our society has such a tendency to make. Then I talked to my momma and a breath of fresh air blew in. She told me to stop being anxious and as soon as I heard it, I heard this verse in my head and knew what I needed to do: Pray... which is exactly what she told me to do next. So glad for a momma with the right words of encouragement--a momma who listens to the Lord.

So, I'll pray.  And organize my kitchen shelves a bit.  (It's been driving me crazy.) Maybe this will help a bit.

I tore the covers off all my books, trashed or put away for garage sale day the ones I don't need/want/use.

Put my onions and papas in the egg basket that I found at the flea market last month ($15!- I'll show you more finds on Friday) and organized according to color.

I also made this holder to put some of my cooking magazines in.  (More on that tomorrow.)

Back to praying... can I pray for you too? What are you anxious about right now?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hmmm. Your baby must let you put him down occasionally, if you can organize kitchen shelves! On the plus side, lugging Jonathan around is making me rather buff.