Saturday, February 26, 2011

Phew! Glad it's Done

But it sure was fun while it lasted! Today, we had Eliana's birthday party. It was a lot of work, but I had the best help ever:

My momma, who says doing the dishes is her spiritual gift. I'm so glad it's hers cause it certainly is not mine.  If I hadn't had her, I would still have a mess in the kitchen and probably would for several more days.  (Heck, I might not have had a party at all because I had so much work to do and certainly could not have accomplished it all without her.)

My sister, who was the one who took all the pictures for the afternoon and assembled a  bunch of sandwiches.  She made her hat.  Incredible, isn't it?  She's a pretty gifted gal and I'm glad she's willing to help so much.

My brother-in-law, who vacuumed my carpets helped hang decorations, and owed me one because we trade out help with our girls' birthdays. ;)

And last but not least, my boyfriend.  Who even after all these years of marriage and seeing the craziness and last minuteness (is that a word? probably not.) of putting on a party allows me to do them anyway, helps me put things together, wrangles kids, and does it all with a smile.  (Even though, he's never been a big "party person.")

I love you all and thank you, thank you for helping make Eliana's big day special.  (More pictures of the party on Monday!)

No comments: