Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What We've Been Cooking

Mayan Chocolate Cupcakes (for Elisabeth's birthday)
These were a real hit, but I still think they need some work.  I'll be trying them again so I can perfect the recipe.  (Then maybe I'll share it.)

Carrot Pancakes with glaze (for Eliana's birthday)
These were just okay.  But she loved them because I added sprinkles.
I do want to tinker with the recipe and see if I can't make it into something better than it was because I like the idea of them a lot.

Goat Cheese Appetizers (for our goat unit study)
Goat cheese on cinnamon raisin toast with cranberry marmalade.  (Notice my sink full of dishes?) I thought they were pretty good even though they were goat cheese... but the kids like goat cheese even less than I do. And considering the price of the cheese, I don't think we'll be making it again since we didn't finish off what we made.  Oh well!  They looked pretty and Eliana had fun helping.

Homemade butter (for our cow unit study)

Watch Diego in this sequence of pictures... it cracks me up!


Eliana's pretty funny herself! Obviously it was a success since Diego wasn't done eating the butter even when his toast was gone. Don't worry, if you come over to my house to eat, I do have butter that he hasn't put his fingers into.

Happy Wednesday... see you tomorrow!

No comments: