Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Unprofessional Photo Shoot

That's what you get with me behind the camera... and here's what you might hear me say during a quick shoot:

Okay, you guys, look at me and we'll try to get done real fast.

Whoops! The baby doesn't have shoes on... we'll just roll with it.

Okay, everyone look at me and smile please.

Say: Papi's stinky.

Everyone look at Mami. Okay, say: Papi wears diapers.

No, Cruz, we're not talking about your diapers.
That got a good smile, let's say that again. Cruz, look at me. *Blows raspberry*


Alright, no more blowing raspberries... and Eliana, please don't take off your shoes right now.

Okay, we're not going to pout about the shoes right now. One more time, say: Papi has a stinky diaper!

(Eliana: top- vintage @Little Vintage Me, pants- Target; Cruz: turtleneck- hand-me-downs, pants- vintage thrifted; Diego- shirt- vintage thrifted, pants- Target)

Not exactly professional, and certainly not respectful... but at least I've got a  few smiles with it. What are your favorite tricks for getting the kids to look.... er, somewhat normal when taking pictures? I. Need. Help.

Linking up today:

Photobucket






10 comments:

Unknown said...

hehehe, I can completely sympathise with trying to co-ordinate three kids for a photo shoot. The fun part is you always seem to end up with some lovely candid shots. Your little ones are all so sweet.

Kendra said...

well they look darling regardless :)

Vivian said...

Thy are SO SO SO cute! Their eyes and dark hair..wow! I don't think you need any help, they photograph just great! But just in case bribery works wonders!!! (a trip to Chick-fill-a, etc)

Corey said...

That's about how my photoshoots go with my three kids. Which is why I rarely have one with all three!

But you got some real cute ones! I'll have to try the stinky diaper trick with mine!

Morgan said...

Oh, real life, imperfect photo shoots are the best! Your kids are as gorgeous as ever and you are such a sweet mami! I love it!

ElizabethMJaocb said...

haha! i know how these photo shoots go ;) i usually add a bit of bribery in there too.

Unknown said...

Heh! I love it! Wish I had secrets to share. I think these photos are great!!!

Shannon :: The Scribble Pad said...

rolling with laughter...and I thought getting one kid to look at the camera was difficult!

Manda said...

haa - love this series!! too cute. and i'll have to remember that stinky diaper line - it is sure to bring a laugh to the kiddos. it is so hard to get three kids all looking great in a photo - but so worth the laughs, right?

erica @ expatriababy said...

Oh, I love this little peak into a real life photo shoot and, I'm going to put that "papi is stinky" trick in my back pocket and pull it out later. Love it. Ha! I'm sure your kids thought you were hilarious.