Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Class Clown

Yea, this little guy would be in so much trouble if he weren't home-schooled. Anything for a laugh!
He tells me, "I'm special because God made me funny." It's true. He brings much joy and laughter to our lives!

Sometimes, his funnies are like a bright mirror showing me my own actions and faults.
Diego: Mom, I'd like a chocolate milk.
Me: I'm sorry you can't. You already had one today.
Diego: Okay, then I think I'll take a venti milk.
(Perhaps, I ought to cut back on the ventis?)

Sometimes he's so funny it hurts. 
(Like when he tries to give me a hard beso to make me laugh but bumps my nose in the process.)

I firmly believe he stores up funny things just to say for those times he's about to get in trouble.
"Diego, I told you to get the dust pan and sweep up that mess five minutes ago!"
"I can't sweep up that mess because I might accidentally eat a piece of trash and get sick."
Say what!?!

Diego, you're "be-dic-lee-ously" funny and lovable. I treasure the times I have with you.
Thank you for making me laugh!

Linking up with The Anderson Crew today:





9 comments:

mpoffman said...

He is good for the soul. Wonderful, funny boy!

thethingsIammadeof said...

"Sometimes, his funnies are like a bright mirror showing me my own actions and faults." The absolutely most true thing ever said about children! Funny children are such a blessing! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

He is precious!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
redemptionisbeautiful.blogspot.com

www.modestbungalow.com said...

Are you sure you don't want him to be a clown for halloween? He is a wonderful boy!

Vivian said...

I think on of the best things we can do is to keep a record of what they say. If they make us laugh now can you imagine how they will make us feel when we go back and read them and they are all grown up? ;)

Anne Eurose said...

I have a "Diego" in our home, too. He's my middle one, and he is HILARIOUS! I know that God gave him to me to teach me many lessons, and one of them is to relax and not take life so seriously :). Cute clown costume, too.

Amy said...

My funny man is also the 'middle' too! I LOVE how he can always make me laugh!

sara said...

Love the clown costume!

Kristen Thornburg said...

He is so sweet!!