Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Momma

Every time I've looked at my little girl the past two days with her hair cut, all I can see is my momma. Funny, I've always thought she must look exactly like my mother-in-law, but now I'm not sure. Because her hair is now so similar to my mom's when she was little, it's given me a new perspective.


She's a beautiful little pixie! and it makes me wonder at how my momma must have been at that age.


Eliana and I had some time to ourselves this morning, so we decided to make cookies for my mom who was coming over to watch the kids even though it was her birthday. My momma's that kind of momma.


We chose the same recipe that my momma used to make with me when I was young.


But we had to use peanut butter chips because I didn't have any butterscotch ones on hand.


I clearly remember the hours that we spent baking in the kitchen. My momma spent time with me. Lots of time with me.


She made still makes me feel special. She remembers the little things and listens to what I have to say. I want to do that with Eliana.


She set an example for me, in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. I want to set the same example for Eliana.


My momma makes me want to be a better version of myself. To be the woman of God that He created me to be. She gently corrects me and helps point me on a path that will draw me closer to Christ. Do I do that for my girl? I wanna!


I long for the legacy of faith that my momma gave me to be passed down to this sweet pea. God, give me the wisdom, diligence, and unswerving faith to do so!


I am so incredibly blessed that this little girl grew up to by my momma! Happy Birthday, Momma! I love you and hope your day has been wonderful-- and that this new year is as special as you are!

(BTW--Ohdeedoh decided my momma's birthday was the day to publish Eliana's birthday shout-out... apparently there's a loooonnnng waiting list! You can see it here.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said that better, Bethany. She is quite amazing. I love that picture of her. Where did you snag that from??? Happy Birthday Mom!

Bethany said...

Our momma's the kind of momma who has pity on me and sends me a picture so I can do her birthday blog. ;)

Pam Miller said...

Beautiful words about the legacy your mom has passed down to you, Bethany. I know that you will share those attributes that you treasure so much with your sweet Eliana. The pictures are darling, too!