Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rocks

Do you remember a few weeks ago when I was noting whining how everyone in the world was going to Colorado this summer except me? Ahem. Yes? Well, it appears that wasn't too true.  My parents and husband had pity on me.  My parents said, "We'd take you!"  And Jesse said, "Please do!  I can't take the incessant crying anymore!"  So, I said, "Fine! and I'm taking the kids with me!"  Well, that's not exactly how it happened, but more or less...

So, we took off last week for a long weekend.  It was my intention to continue to blog while I was away and surprise everyone with beautiful photos of Colorado all of a sudden.  But that didn't happen.  And really, who was I kidding? 

Would I really rather look at this?

Or this? Exactly.

I'll share more in the next few days.  But I today I thought I'd share my kids' favorite two things to do in Colorado.  Favorite meaning they'd do it all day long, everyday, if they could.

Climbing rocks.

And throwing rocks into the water.

Climbing rocks.

Throwing rocks.

Climbing rocks.
(I tried my best not to freak out as I watched Diego quickly outpace my dad up this mountain.)

Throwing rocks.

Climbing rocks.
(Okay, maybe it wasn't every one's favorite activity- even if it was only a whole 2 feet off the ground.)

But definitely everyone enjoyed throwing rocks.

1 comment:

Julie Bodenhamer said...

Gotta agree. The best thing about the outdoors is climbing rocks and throwing rocks! Especially when there's water around - the splash makes it even better! Great pictures! Hope you guys had fun!