Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hose 'em Down!

As much as I loved the sand pile when I was a kid, I feel dismayed that my kids love it, too. It's not that I don't want them to enjoy themselves, I just can't stand the sand that always seems to be tracked through the house afterwards.  Yesterday, after a total of 10 minutes of play in the hot, hot afternoon, they were done.  The clean-up takes longer than that! To top it all off, Diego had poured sand on Eliana's head. Again.  They looked like they had been swimming in sand.

So, we decided to do bath time a bit differently.  And we hosed them down outside.  No sand entered my house- yeah! Plus, they loved it! (Which means, I can probably look forward to more sand being dumped in Eliana's hair sometime in the near future. Oh well.)




No comments: