Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Keeping Busy

I decided to make freezer jam because of this post (and because I was out of the kind of jam the kids will eat... it was serendipitous). Strawberry Mango, to be exact. Yummo!

And Bierocks (Runzas for all you NE people) because I had cabbage I wanted to use up. Does everyone know what those are? I don't think most people in San Antonio knew when we lived down there. This is not the recipe I use, but it'll give you an idea of what I'm talking about if you're not familiar with them.

And because I was already making bread dough for Bierocks and the Strawberry Mango Jam was begging for it. I made a couple of loaves of bread, too.

And I've been getting a few new pieces ready for the Little Vintage Me Shop.
I didn't list them the first go around because I had to convince myself that I should sell instead of keep them.
(Buying vintage for my shop can be a dangerous and slippery slope for me.)

And now, I need to clean up all the mess from the aforementioned things. It is no small mess. And I still need to put a weeks worth of clothing away, too. But after that, I hope Jesse will come home when I'm done with everything and we will have time to take this thing for a drive. (At least around the block-- I'm tired of being inside.) No, it's not ours. Yeah, I wish. It's a rental while our car is getting fixed... so I'm gonna have some fun with it while I can!

What have you been up to recently? I'd love to hear! Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

No comments: