Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Waiting

My kids waited in anticipation for their Yaya and Grandpa to pick them up...


they have a surprise in store. Only the grown-ups know their destination: the circus!

My almost 5-years-old has a circus themed room-- but has never been. Sad, I know. I'm a bad, bad momma. Pointing to the acrobats in his room: "What are these people, Mama?" How do you explain acrobats to a kid? It's much better to show him, I'm sure. So when my dad asked if they could take Diego and Eliana, I was glad... glad they'll finally understand his room.

After reading this post, I teased my parents that they were taking them to the same circus... I don't really think it's the same company. Hopefully there's more animals than a boston terrier. Oh my! that story made me laugh and cry. Either way, I'm sure they'll be thrilled... now freedom for me! (For a few hours at least.)

Hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday!

4 comments:

mpoffman said...

It was slightly better that the one in the blog. Fortunately the elephants and acrobats were a redeeming factor, and kids that have never been to a circus don't know the difference. : )

stephanie said...

oh how fun! i love the circus! i was thinking of doing paisley's 2nd birthday in a circus theme! i'm sure they had a BLAST!

stephanie said...

love your new banner by the way!!! did you do it yourself?

Bethany said...

Thanks, Stephanie. I did do it... I used http://sketch.odopod.com/ for the illustration.