Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sticktoitiveness

The world is full of remarkable people. It really is! But some of the ones I most admire are the ones who give of themselves week after week sacrificially.

Take BSF teachers for example. Sometimes, I think I'm making such a sacrifice for my children by coming to BSF once a week on a day where I seem to have too much on my plate. But then I remember that there's these awesome women who come on Tuesday morning so that they can go through the lesson a day before they teach me... or my kids. Those women there are the ones who are really showing sacrificial love. So how do I think so many incredible women on such a tiny budget? Two words: Sticky Buns

My aunt, Nine, has an awesome recipe that I've been using for years. It's lengthy, so I'll share it another day soon. But just so you get an idea of what I'm talking about... a recipe makes about 30... and you need about a pound of butter. Yep, they're good... for a reason.

I talked my sister into making them with me. We had a good time chatting between dealing with kiddos and rolling out dough. And of course, my graphic design sister could not let the project go with out custom labels!

She's incredible. I've told you before and I'll tell you again! And the rolls? Well, they rival in awesomeness! They really do make an awesome gift and so, I'll share soon! 


But for now, Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

1 comment:

Ali Winter said...

Oh yummy yummy!!!! I Love sticky buns!! What a great gift idea!!