Monday, May 9, 2011

I'll Take the Man with the Hat

I can never remember the brand name... just the picture. I had to pick up another bottle this week because we were out. Again. Jesse uses this stuff like crazy. Douses almost everything in it. (Sometimes hurting my feelings in the process... that he won't eat the food I made without it. I know it's a cultural thing and so I try to let go of my insecurities about the whole thing, but still.)


My babies brought me Starbucks and flowers in bed yesterday morning. Coffee is my breakfast most mornings, so... that was pretty awesome.


Diego had decided the day before that he needed to make me a Mother's Day cake, but first I would need to pick up a few items for him. Some of the items on his list were: bananas, nuts, and butter. Sounds like it might have been good, but I'm not into going to the grocery store to fetch ingredients for my Mother's Day cake and Jesse's not one for cooking from scratch. I politely pointed to a cookie mix we had in our pantry and told him he could make it after nap on Sunday.

The kids were so proud of the cookies they Jesse made. They were pretty yummy... the entire 18 cookies may or may not already be gone. Um, yeah. At least I have proof here that I didn't finish them all by myself.

Back to the guy on the bottle. Tapatio's salsa is not something I ever use. I'm more of a Pace girl if it has to be outta a bottle... otherwise, I'll take some fresh tomato based salsa. But there is one exception to that:


Duros. The hat guy is crazy good sprinkled over these things. Occasionally, the duros guy comes through our neighborhood with his cart. But these ones were picked up at the Farmer's Market in Nomar. They should be there again next week. Check em out... and don't forget the hat guy when you get 'em. Have a Marvelous Monday!

No comments: