Monday, May 23, 2011

Sorting

Our dear friend Emily has come over to spend the day playing with the kids. Diego loves all the extra attention and is getting his share of chutes and ladders in... can I tell you how much I hate that game? So glad it's her and not me. And so glad that she loves my kiddos so much that this is the way she wants to spend her free time.


It gives me time to sort through emotions. The sadness of leaving my job and the kiddos I've come to love so much over the past three years... the joy of getting to be a full-time stay-at-home mom. The fear of all the what-ifs of having no stable income of my own... the excitement of getting to home-school next year.

We've also decided to step away from the church where I've been working. There are several reasons for doing so, but much of it lies in that's how Jesse and I believe that new ministers can work best... there's no fear of offending previous ministers (me, in this case) with changes, no awkwardness, no struggle to compete for the allegiance of the people in the church, and (for me) no struggle for independence from the position. It's what Jesse's and my parents have both modeled in their ministry jobs... and also what we feel God calling us to do. So after much prayer, we both feel confident that stepping away is the best thing to do, but it gives me yet another great amount of emotions to sort through. Sad to leave so many friends and family who attend our current church; anxious to find a new church that will be a good match for our little family. Prayer, people, we need lots of prayer right now. If you'd remember us.

Lots of crazy emotions. So what do I do? Sort. Sort through emotions. Sort through my kitchen. The spices are getting a new home on my walls... on these vintage trays I found at the flea market yesterday. (There's no longer room for them in their regular spot since the double oven went in.)


Sorting through coffee stuff and moving syrups into the basket that used to hold spices.


It'll go to the right on the wall once the battery for the drill is charged. And sorting through the coffee stuff to make room for the blender because it was displaced when we moved the microwave--which was also moved because of the double oven.


Sorting through my vintage finds.


Trying to decide what will go in my etsy shop when I open it in June. There's lots of fun stuff!


There's much sorting of things to be done.... the perfect time to sort my feelings and lay them at the feet of Jesus. Thank you, Jesus, for knowing our future and holding it in Your capable hands! You are good to me!



3 comments:

va said...

I have that same sewing basket!

Michelle said...

I did not see you at the flea market yesterday! I had a booth near Mindy Harris and Kyle Parish. Love the vintage tray! I, too, sort and clean when I need to think. It's very theraputic. I hope you are able to work through all your feelings of change and come to feel peace soon.

Emily B. said...

So glad you had that down-time to sort through things. Much prayer coming your way! And I know you know where to turn with worries or fears... but it's so good to have the reminder of His Words for us.

Luke 12:24 "Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!"

One of my favorites. Love you!