Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A New Place to Play

We were lucky enough to stumble upon a Groupon deal we couldn't pass up last winter... a family membership to Botanica. Just a few minutes from our home, it was great to hang out there this spring, but with the heat has come my reluctance to do anything outside that does not involve water. So, that was the end of our trips.

Until this past week, when we just had to get over there because they had finally opened up their Children's Garden. It was pretty fabulous... although heat nearing 110 kept our trip short, I'm seeing many trips as soon as the weather cools!

Take a look:













Okay, so maybe there were some water features... just not ones where it's socially acceptable for an adult to be completely drenched. So, while it was fun for the kids, it was a bit too hot for us! I am praying for cooler weather, although I know the chances of that aren't great.

What are you doing to stay cool? Have you been to Botanica's children's garden yet? If so, tell me what you think!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I've been wanting to go see the new area too! The commercials they've been running make it look super fun! I can't wait for it cool down so we can check it out.