Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Bit of Everything

Last month, my oldest two spent two weeks with Mrs. Lisa doing swimming lessons. They love her and she is extremely patient with them. Eliana kept repeating: "No, thanks, I don't like this. I'm not good at this."

Diego floated on his back by himself for a few seconds!

I had tons of pictures of the kids swimming last summer, but most days the baby didn't cooperate. He did this day.

The only drawback to it is that she only offers two weeks each summer... boy! we wish we could get her for at least 6 weeks! Thanks, Lisa for your help. Now I guess it's up to me to teach 'em the rest of the summer.

I think we'll go tomorrow! We usually go to a pool not far from my sisters house... we walk to and from her house. And afterwards, we paint our toenails on her front porch while Diego watches a movie. I'm a messy painter, but I still have fun.

I have Eliana stretch out on her towel and stay still so the paint will dry... we're definitely in need of a new polish again because the fish are gone!

Speaking of paint, I recently painted all the children's chairs in my house! Lots of fun color, love it!

On days that we don't get to go to the pool (which has been way to often the past two weeks!) we've been trying to come up with indoor activities to stay cool-- so, we're back to tents again!

Little man has learned to pull himself to a stand inside the crib and now the pack-n-play. He climbs up and holds on the side crying because he's exhausted, but refuses to sleep because he's sure he's missing out on something wonderful. Silly boy! (What I wouldn't do for a nap!)

Thank you for all your sweet comments about our anniversary and story! We got to go on an actual date. (Thank you, Elisabeth and Paul!) It was so nice to go out and carry a conversation without being interrupted mid-sentence time and time again! And! we had the movie theater to ourselves! to make out in as much as we wanted... which was not that much because we wanted to see a movie and that doesn't happen often at all. A very lovely evening, *sigh* my how nice dates are... maybe we'll do it again for Jesse's birthday in October. You never know! ;)

Linking up again this week with Embrace the Camera! Have a wonderful day!




No comments: