Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

I found this paint-by-number at a thrift store a couple of months ago and thought it go well in our downstairs bath. Super-cheap and I love pbn's, there's something so old-fashioned and simple about them! 

But when I got it home, I was stumped. I wanted to hang it like this (next to a painting from my Granny), but Jesse thought it seemed imbalanced and that we needed something hanging on the other side. So, I didn't hang it, and it's been sitting instead. I've scoured sales to no avail for something else, but just kept on coming up empty-handed.

Over the past 3 years that I've been working outside my house, I feel like I've slowly become less and less organized. Perhaps, the job wasn't so much the problem, I think my kids getting older (and adding an extra little one) has compounded the problem. It's my goal to begin to regain my house.


So, when I saw this-- it was a perfect solution to my earring mess and I'd finally found something to hang on the wall on the other side of the boat! 

I picked up this frame a few years ago for 50 cents thinking I'd using it for something in Diego's room, but it didn't work out like I'd hoped. So, I got up in the attic and dug it out. A few tacks and some wire, and we were in business! 

Now I have a bit more organization and my new painting finally on my wall... for a total of $2! 

What's been your favorite thrifty find recently? I'd love to hear! 

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Have you tried hanging the earrings in the middle? Fun idea for the earrings!

Darby & Sheri said...

I love paint by numbers too! My little girl loves horses and I scored 2 horse pbn's at a garage sale for $2. Painted up the frames and now they are my favorite pictures in her room! I love the earring hanger too! I may have to give that a try for my bathroom.