Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Sesquicentennial Kinda Day

Today (and yesterday) were beautiful... like the sun knew that Kansas was celebrating 150 years and decided to shine down on her.


My momma sent the kids a Kansas Day present... sunflower seeds (the eating kind and the planting kind) and some Jayhawk stickers.

They were pretty excited!  Thank you, Momma!


Elisabeth and I celebrated the day by getting a new phone plan for the family.

This is the previous phone I was using... it was a hand-me-down from my sister from a million years ago. One of the little middle school girls at my church made fun of how old this puppy was... that was two years ago.

This is my new phone!  I'm pretty excited (and overwhelmed because I have no idea how to use it... teehee)!

My kids celebrated more traditionally... they colored the Kansas Flag:

Here's Diego's- he was pretty attentive to coloring it correctly.

And Eliana's (She got tired of coloring the field of blue... honestly, I'm surprised she kept at it as long as she did.)

Well, I'm off to figure out how to text... Hope you have a blessed Sunday! 

No comments: