Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Waking Up

I laid down beside Eliana today for a few minutes to encourage her to fall asleep. She's been fighting the naps she still desperately needs. (It doesn't make for pleasant outings in the evening when she immediately crashes the second we leave the house.) An hour later, I came down the stairs to realize Diego wasn't here. Fortunately, Jesse wasn't either and I was hoping they'd left together. A phone call and some relief to know they'd both headed out to Autozone made my mama's heart calm down from all the what-ifs that floated about.


Honestly, I'm tired. I've been somewhat of an insomniac lately. I find myself ready to climb into bed at 9:30 (instead of midnight), but then I wake up at 2, and 3, and 4:30... at which time I finally give up and pull our Jane Eyre. I finished the last several chapters this morning all before the kids woke up.

My cell phone hadn't been charged since late December... my pastor mentioned me not replying to a text he'd sent. Whoops! I confessed I hadn't used that thing in weeks. He mentioned something about feeling free... yes, yes, I do when I don't have it. Yesterday, Jesse charged it for me and I spent a good deal of time listening to phone messages. (Good thing most people know my home phone, but still...) I've yet to receive several texts that were sent over the past few weeks.

I'm determined to write again. To do something with my shop in the next few weeks. Sorry I've been gone so much, but I find myself still waking up...


Get out of bed, Jerusalem! Wake up. Put your face in the sunlight.  God's bright glory has risen for you.The whole earth is wrapped in darkness, all people sunk in deep darkness,But God rises on you, his sunrise glory breaks over you.


Love you all for listening.


No comments: