Thursday, March 4, 2010

Life Interrupted

Sometimes life gets interrupted.  Here I was with plans to blog about all sorts of wonderful things, and I haven't posted a thing since last week.  How lame is that?  And how will I ever get to be the next Pioneer Woman that way?  But I have a good excuse... really I do.



Because besides Eliana's birthday party that we were throwing on Saturday, sickness has decided to visit our house.  Diego woke the day of the party and decided to share how he felt about his sister getting all the attention by puking.  This would perhaps be funnier, if he hadn't done exactly the same thing the year before, but such is our life around here. This year, we didn't postpone the party (since it was due to start in 2 hours and I already had a good deal of food prepared). Instead, we banished him to his room.  He was good natured about it, and my dad talked me into letting him sit in our hallway while she opened her gifts so he could at least peek in on the fun.

Things were back to normal by Tuesday and by Wednesday morning, Diego had gone 48 hours without showing signs of illness so we headed out to BSF.  Since Eliana had just turned two, she was put into a new class, where she immediately freaked out.  I thought it was a bit odd, since she did relatively well when we moved her up to the preschool class at church on Sunday, but didn't think it would last long and I took off for class since I was already running late. When I came back to pick the kids up, I had discovered that they had moved Eliana back to the infant class because she had never calmed down in the 2's class.  The nursery teacher told me Eliana had acted bored, but I didn't worry about that too much either.  We grabbed lunch on our way home, but Eliana didn't really eat.  Come to think of it, she hadn't eaten well the past couple of days.  And then, about 30 minutes before it was time for me to leave for work, she puked all over the carpet.

"I spilled my milk, Mama.  Sorry, Mama."

"It's okay, Baby." Funny that she decided to call it spilling.  Diego always calls it demping (dumping).

Last night, she woke up over and over again.  Poor little thing didn't have much in her tummy to get rid of, but that did keep her body from trying.  I got about 2 hours of sleep last night. In the middle of Eliana's drama last night, Diego woke up with explosive diarrhea all over his bed. Yeah!


So, far Eliana's had two naps on the couch this morning. Yes, that's my laptop cord lying underneath her. (Don't worry I didn't leave her alone that way... she was too close to the edge of the couch for me to do that anyway.)


Diego's on his third movie...and not just the short 30 minute kind either. At least he's happy.

Now, I'm drowning in piles of disgusting laundry. We've exposed 3 different BSF children's classes to this bug. (So sorry!) We're all still in our pj's and it's nearing noon. My living room carpet is rolled up and lying in the vestibule awaiting a good carpet cleaning. And we won't be attending the Wichita Garden Show this afternoon like we'd been planning and I've been dying for a piece of spring.  Oh well, at least the sun is shining and it's supposed to be warmer this next week.

In the mean time, here's a list of things I've been meaning to post blog about, but haven't:
  • Eliana's birthday party and all the food involved - yum!
  • Youth For Christ's up-coming Bowl-a-thon and Diego's need for sponsors
  • The awesome new Children's Bible that Eliana received from my aunt, Lesa, for her birthday
I'll see if I can't get around to at least one of these topics this afternoon during nap-time... that is if I don't end up taking a nap myself.

3 comments:

mpoffman said...

Poor babies - all three of you! I'll bring you a piece of sunshine from the garden show.

Elizabeth said...

I know how it feels. About 3 years ago I had Mark sick, Abe sick and Mark's mom all sick and pucking at my house. Luckly I did not get it and we ended up in the ER with Abe since he was not keeping anything down. I will be thinking and prayign for the two to get better. :)

Anonymous said...

The louisiana Rodriguez's just finished with this wonderful bug.