Saturday, February 20, 2010

Window Shopping... Via the Net

I've been back and forth over what to do with my playroom/home school room windows for a while now.  And then I came across Kaffe Fassett.  Maybe you're already familiar with him and I'm just slow to catch on to what the rest of the world already knows.  But I am completely undone.  I can not believe the colors and patterns and saved about 35 different prints and variations on my Esty favorites, but have finally decided on this:

I'm thinking it should go with about any other color I decide to throw in the room with it.  Now to just measure the windows.

On top of that, I've been spending way to much time on Etsy, overall.  But I just can't help it.  First, Made sent me there because of these way-too-cute things.  (She has turned February into boy's month and has had so many wonderful guest crafters blog.) But Alice in La La Land watches are just the sweetest thing I've seen in a long while.



Then while I was over in Etsy, I remembered my saved up favorites which included all the Kaffe Fassett fabric.  Let me show you which one first introduced him to me:

I've been kind of gleaning fabrics for a while now so I can start purchasing to make a quilt for Eliana... this is the flowery one with which I'd like to tie everything else together.  (I have a bunch saved under favorites... because I'm not going to buy fabric for this quilt until I make Diego's.)

All the others are Alexander Henry:






And...


And then to end my window shopping trip, I stumbled upon a new site.  Oh My! Handmade Goodness describes themselves as "a community for independent children's retailers & the hip parents who support them."  I wanted to be a hip parent tonight... but remembered I was only going to be a window shopper for the night.  Fortunately for me, they're brand-spanking-new and they are celebrating with a give-away!  Which you should go and sign-up for yourself... 'cause they're giving away this cute stuff from Sarah + Abraham and Olliegraphic:


Okay, it's time for me to stop the window-shopping 'cause it's one in the morning! 

No comments: