Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Let's Back Up a Bit

Seriously? I can't believe this month is over half-way done. My biggest baby turns 6 in just two days and my littlest baby is scheduled to join us in 4 weeks and 3 days... these things make me hyperventilate a bit because I'm not ready for either of those events. And it seems like most of my days are gobbled up by doctor appointments.


But before I go on, the 4th! was like oh, a couple of weeks ago now... and I didn't post pictures because well, I was packing our family to go to Mexico. Excuses, excuses. I know.

Looking back though, the photos are too fun not to share.


Red, white, and blue waffles for breakfast. Eliana refused to eat the blueberries off of hers but did ask for more strawberries. That girl is on a strawberry kick right now.



My cousins' always host the best parties on the fourth! Wendy and Jason worked for days in advance preparing homemade pickles; specialty mustards, ketchups and mayos to put on their yummy sliders! Thank you, thank you!

Diego spent the evening shooting fireworks with his Grandpa and cousin, Corbin.


Eliana was content to stay back a ways and hog all the glow stick bracelets.



Finally, Cruz loved the "big" fireworks... and was completely mesmerized. I wondered if he'd be like Diego and love them or a bit timid about them like Eliana. I should have known he'd love anything that makes a big noise and emits fire.

I am so thankful that we live in a country where we can gather together with family and friends, thank God for His goodness to us and are free to worship Him! What a blessing it is!

No comments: