Friday, June 8, 2012

Girls' Retreat



How blessed am I that I have a family full of wonderful women who love the Lord? More so, in a few short hours I'll be blessed even more as my awesome husband lets me leave with them and go retreat into the mountains for a few days!

Mountains, folks! You don't know what that does to the soul of a Kansas girl... unless you are a Kansas girl and then of course you do!

But especially since I'm pregnant and not handling the heat of all this yucky June weather... and our A/C is not blowing well again. Like it does every summer since it's been installed. It has a 10 year warranty. We've had it for 6 years now and every. single. summer. we have to call the guy who installed it and it always takes him 2 weeks (at least) to get out here to even look at it. *sigh* So, for at least 4 days I'll have a bit of respite from the heat.


(My momma and Eliana at the Green Mountain Falls Gazebo two summers ago!)

Even better, is the fact that we are going to be staying in my great-grandparents' (Roy and Alice) old cabin in Green Mountain Falls. When I was young, we'd vacation there every summer. My momma and her siblings grew up spending summers at the same cabin. But when Roy passed away, the cabin ended up in another line of the family and that was pretty much the end of vacations there. Until now! My aunt (Nine) arranged it with a cousin to rent the place out... I think it's going to be Nostalgia City!


(My momma's family: Back Row l-r: Jim, my granny (Marilyn),  my grandad (James). 
Front Row l-r: Diane (aka. Nine), Grant, Bill, my momma (Laurel))

But best of all, we're going to study the Word together and encourage one another in the Lord. We've never had a girls' weekend quite like this before and I am thrilled to pieces to see what God has in store for us! He is so good and I am looking forward to the refreshment so I can return a better wife to Jesse and mama to my kiddos.

Speaking of Jesse and the kiddos, will you please pray for them? It'll be the first time Cruz is away from me for an extended period of time. It's always overwhelming to have the kids by yourself for a few days. And Jesse has an interview for a job tomorrow that we'd be terribly excited if he got! We think it sounds like a great fit for him and are praising God already just that he was called to interview in this economy! Still, it'd be the icing on the cake if he got this job... but we do want what God wants for us, too! Please pray that the interview goes well, that God will make it abundantly clear to Jesse that He wants (or doesn't want) him at that job, and that my kids will be awesomely full of God's grace while I'm gone!

Thanks and see you next week! Blessings!

No comments: